After being ejected from the pub this evening we had a brief discussion about the correspondance between winter clothing and the ISO Open Systems Interconnection 7 layer model. This is entirely normal.
My coat is OK except it is a bit too large, so even if I bung up the neck with a woolly scarf, it isn't snug enough around the hips to keep the chilly wind out. So I had multiple layers on underneath. My Scottish friend was wearing a t-shirt and a leather jacket – and actually did up the jacket; I am not sure whether that was because of the cold or just for politeness.
So the ISO OSI 7 layer model is:
- presentation and session or
- maybe session and presentation
The Internet model is:
- wires or glass or microwaves or avian carriers
- ethernet or wifi or mpls or vpn or mille feuille or
how the fuck do we make IP work over this shit
- TCP and stuff
- useful things and pictures of cats
And, no, I wasn't actually wearing OSI depth of clothing; it was more like:
- rugby shirt
You know, OK for outside "transport" most of the year.
- ... Coat. It has layers but I don't care.